So you want to start your own online business? You are tired of the daily grind and are looking for opportunities to start your own business without the expense of a standard brick and mortar company.
First of all, let me congratulate you on choosing an online business presence. It is the easiest way to get started making money with the least amount of risk. Just think about how much it costs to start a traditional business.
Facility, production, labor, advertising, electricity, telephones, etc… These are just some of the expenses you would have starting a traditional non-internet based business. Yes you may end up with some, maybe even all of these businesses as your online business grows, but you have the opportunity to start small and scale over time.
There are even ways to start your own business for free on the internet. I will introduce you to these later on.
So, let’s get your own business started.
First of all, you need to decide what you want to do? I know that can be a big decision so I will give you some suggestions. I am not going to discuss money making opportunities doing online surveys or certain websites that pay you to browse, search or play games. If you want to know about those, click on one of these links SURVEYS or WEBSITES to learn more. I have discussed those before and you can start with those links, then search the rest of my website for other information about them HERE.
The reason I am not going to discuss them is because although they are ways to make money online, I do not really consider them starting an online business.
Ideas about types of businesses you could start:
- Sell a product. This could be a product you produce or someone else’s. There are a lot of drop shippers out there that will handle the entire process.
- Sell a product as an affiliate of Amazon or Ebay. This can be a good way to create niche site or even just as a supplemental source of income on a site you are using for something else.
- Writing ebooks. You can sell them yourself on Amazon or on your site.
- Using this model you would create content that people want to read about and then advertise on the blog or sell other items to your visitors from your blog site. This is a very popular way to begin your online presence that you can easily leverage into other things. Click HERE for more information from my site on blogging for profit.
- As a virtual assistant.
- Writing content for other websites or bloggers.
- Graphic Design.
There are many, many more ideas, please look around my site for ideas. If you want to sell your time to others by writing, graphic design, virtual assistant and things like that I would suggest looking into freelancer.com and fiverr.com to check out the competition and see what you could expect to make.
No matter what you decide, you need a website and a way to promote it. If you do not know how to build a website, check out How to Build a Website on 30 Seconds. If you already know how then you are ready to move on to website promotion.
In order to promote your website you need to focus on:
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO). SEO is what lets you get ranked by the major search engines. This over time will help drive new visitors to your website and is very important.
- You need great content on your website to get ranked and to keep visitors coming back to your site. This is especially important if you are a blogger, but should be a focus area for you even if you are not. Visitors and search engines love good content.
- Social Media. This is probably the best, easiest and cheapest way to promote your site. Do not underestimate the power of Facebook, Google, PinInterest or Twitter in promoting your site. Your social media contacts are a great place to start building your online business.
There are a number of other ways to promote your site; in fact a large portion of my site is dedicated to it. Please browse the site and decide what is best from you when it comes to building an internet business.
Another great way to learn is from a community that is trying to do the same thing you are. I am a member of one such community and would love for you to check them out. You will learn a great deal and can ask questions of the other community members. Simply Click Here to check it out.
Good luck on your online endeavor, if you have any questions or comments please leave them here.
I almost forgot. I mentioned starting your online business for free earlier. Just click the banner below for more information.