So you have a website and now you want to take advantage of you visitors by advertising with other companies.
It is difficult to say when you can start making money with advertising but a rough guess would be between 500-1000 unique visitors per day. However, some of that depends on what type of advertising you are doing and if your visitors are likely to click advertisements if you are using Pay Per click. Having advertising relevant to your site is VERY helpful in Pay Per Click advertising.
First you need to decide if you want to advertise for a pay per view or a pay per click site.
Pay Per View (PPV) pays you each time an advertisement is viewed on your site.
- Offers more flexibility.
- More likely to get paid since you are paid just because the advertisement appears whether or not the user acts on it. Usually you get paid less per impression verses a click.
- No keywords to worry about.
- There are not a lot of advertises that use PPV.
- PPV has gotten some bad press because of misuse by the advertisers.
- Sometimes they use pop-up ads which can negatively affect the users experience.
Pay Per Click (PPC) – You get paid only if someone clicks on the advertisement.
- PPC is easy to implement. Most major ad selling companies offer it.
- It is easier to manage your selling budgets. Can be very useful in researching keywords.
- Can be more profitable to use PPV if your site is big enough to offset the difference in pay per ad displayed.
Top Banner Advertising Companies:
- Google Adsense