The short answer is yes. But, it is a lot more work than most sites would lead you to believe. I have tried survey taking as an online option. I made a little money and it was easy but VERY monotonous. Truth is I lost interest in it. Just too much of a time commitment for what I felt I was getting out of it.
Searching the internet I have found people who say they can work 3 to 5 hours a day, every day and make an average of $2,600.00 per month. That seems like a lot based on my personal experience but I will continue and let you make up your own mind.
If you want to do online surveys for a living I have a couple of suggestions up front.
- Set up a dedicated email. You are going to get added to A LOT of email lists. You need to turn off your SPAM filter and check the site a few times a day. Some companies will stop sending you surveys if you do not respond promptly.
- Register for every marketing research company you can find. The more you register with the more surveys you will get to make money from.
- Be prepared to share your personal information. I am NOT talking about your social security number. You will be asked your age, income level, education, number of kids, if you smoke, male/female, etc…
- Expect to spend 15-20 minutes per survey.
- There are a lot scam sites out there.
Ways to avoid Scam sites (I know you want to know that).
- If they require a membership fee.
- They do not tell you exactly how you are to be compensated.
- Ask for your social security number, bank account number or credit card number.
- Guarantees you a set income or an unreasonable one.
It also helps that this is work, not a money machine that will make you rich overnight. It also takes time to build, it might take you months to get enough surveys coming in to make a decent amount.
Ways to find survey companies:
- Harris Polls.
- CVS Advisor.
- Survey Savvy.
- Check surveypolice.com
- Check volition.com